Anthony Atkielski wrote:
Scott I. Remick writes:
A better realworld example (which has been mentioned before) is
www.sendmail.org vs. www.sendmail.com. I think that better reflects what
people are suggesting for www.freebsd.com.

Agreed!  Although both sites actually aim at similar markets, since
sendmail is not really something that anyone would use anywhere except
on a server.  (Nobody runs sendmail on a desktop, strictly speaking.)

They both aim at exactly the same market, but different personalities.
While sendmail.org aims at the more technical people, usually the ones that will actually run the software, sendmail.com aims for the directors, the ones that make the decision to run it.
Our current freebsd.org website is perfect for the first category, but believe me, it scares the shit out of the higher management kind of people. Argue all you want that people like that should not be allowed to make such decisions, I've seen it happen and Im sure it happens all the time.

So far, I have not seen one single valid argument against a freebsd.com website or a new logo, so I side with the people that wants some changes to happen in this one.