Scott Stevenson wrote:
I'm a relatively new user of FreeBSD (5.3 release), and have encountered a problem that I haven't seen on other platforms. The details and a screenshot are outlined here:

http://theocacao.com/document.page/82

Essentially, web content (text and images alike, it seems) occasionally fails to load in entirety. I personally haven't be able to recreate this yet, but a few people have sent me emails about it. I didn't hear anything about this prior to switching to FreeBSD. This is the exact same content I had running on a Red Hat-based machine running the same version of Apache.

I've done a lot of googling and looking through mailing list archives, but haven't been able to identify any real leads yet. Syslog doesn't suggest anything is amiss. My environment is:

FreeBSD 5.3-Release
Apache 2.0.50
PHP 5.0.2
BIND 9.3.0

Both Apache and PHP were built from ports. I realize Apache is a few versions behind, and I'm going to upgrade it. Looking at the changelog, though, I can't seem to find anything that would pertain to this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

    - Scott

See if the issue continues. Is it only certain days? Certain hours? From certain locales? I would not be surprised if it clears up. If it does, chalk it up to your ISP

-- Best regards, Chris

Program complexity grows until it exceeds the capability
of the programmer who must maintain it.