On Feb 22, 2005, at 2:59 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

* Eric F Crist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-02-22 15:55:32 -0600]:

Does it hang at certain times? Again, across multiple versions of OS X
and FreeBSD, I've never experienced a problem.

I haven't found a time that it will not hang after a few minutes. (Never put a stopwatch to it.)

Your comments that you've never experienced a problem
are similar to a colleague of mine. Either you guys are
not logging into a problem FreeBSD machine or there is
some configuration option that I have/have not set on
my OS X machine.

I'm still puzzled as to how to track it down.

I've been logging in to FreeBSD systems from OS X for years without issue. I currently log into FreeBSD 4.9 and 5.3 from 10.3.5-8 systems. I have not ever had to do anything strange on the OS X side nor on the FreeBSD side.

Can you run the FreeBSD sshd daemon in debug mode and see what it spits out at you when you attempt to log in?

Does this happen with all your OS X machines or just one in particular?

Chad