[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi

I have been having problems when connecting to a FreeBSD
box (4.7-RELEASE-p27 FreeBSD #38) from Mac OS X. The typical scenario is that I ssh from the OS X box to
the FreeBSD box:

 ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]

After I login, if there is no screen or cursor movement for a minute or two, the terminal stops responding. The OS X box is using tcsh and has 'set autologout=0'.

I have tested several machines and here are the results
I am getting:

  FROM      TO     RESULT
  ====     =====   ======
  OS X     FBSD    lockup
  OS X     Linux   ok
  Linux    FBSD    ok

It looks like an alergic reaction between OS X and FBSD,
but I don't have a clue where to start looking to track this down.

Any ideas on what this is or how to debug it would be
appreciated.

ssh -vvv [EMAIL PROTECTED]   ??

I assume that they haven't removed the verbosity
options from the Mac implementation, have they?

Might show you something ...

Kevin Kinsey