Anthony Atkielski wrote:
Chris writes:

If you don't have the ports tree (/usr/ports) on the box, put it there.

I don't have 300 MB to spare, particularly for something that I will use
so rarely.

What's wrong with getting the index from the FTP site when I run
sysinstall?  Seems to me that it would guarantee that the ports are
always up to date.

I can't honestly answer that one. There is also a command to fetch the index (without the need for sysinstall).

What you propose seems logical - I have never been faced with a space issue, so I can't answer one way or the other.

--
Best regards,
Chris

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.