--On Thursday, March 03, 2005 09:39:01 PM +0000 Pietro Cerutti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi folks,
I have to questions:
1) I can I tell sudo to ask for a password everytime it's invoked?

Sure. Use visudo to edit /etc/sudoers and set: root ALL = (ALL) ALL wheel ALL = (ALL) ALL

If NOPASSWD is in there, take it out.

man (5) sudoers

2) how can it be that, after updating root and toor passwords, sudo
asks for the old root password?

Sudo doesn't ask for *root*'s password. It asks for *your* password. If you knew root's password, you wouldn't need to use sudo. You could use su.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member