Bart Silverstrim wrote:

Portmanager has made most of my updating a no-brainer, and I've been thankful that Michael was fast to fix problems when I reported what little I ran into. And this is on an in-use production server....I trust it with the updates, so either it's a program that works very well or I've been very lucky :-)

I'd definitely recommend new users try using Portmanager for keeping their ports up to date. It is simple and straightforward to use and doesn't confuse newer users with details like manipulating the ports index. It's just a "portmanager -u" and off it goes...check in once in awhile to see how it's progressing and that's it. Makes updating as simple as the process of installing a new port :-)

-Bart

Agreed - I to use it on a production boxen - and as Bart has said, either it's a great product or I have been lucky also.

Best regards,
Chris