Bengt Ahlgren wrote:
Uwe Laverenz <u...@laverenz.de> writes:

Sam Leffler schrieb:

those changes.  To do this you must have an up to date RELENG_7 code
base and then apply this patch:

http://people.freebsd.org/~sam/ath_hal-releng7.patch

Then rebuild your kernel. There should be no changes to user apps.
I tested this on a Thinkpad R51 / RELENG_7 / Atheros 5212 and I see no
problems with the patch. It builds and runs fine and doesn't seem to
do anything harmful. :)

I have a problem with this machine though (with or without your
patch): the wireless connection seems to be stalled every few
minutes. If I try to send some traffic over ath0 or make wpa_cli
reconnect it comes back for another few minutes.

The only cure for now seems to be "ifconfig ath0 -bgscan".

That sounds like it can be the same symptoms as I described on the
freebsd-mobile list earlier this week:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2009-February/011343.html

What clockrate do you run at?  On my system (Thinkpad X40, Atheros
5212) the problem does not occur at kern.hz=1000, but it is present at
kern.hz=100.

Tomorrow evening I will investigate this further including testing if
"ifconfig ath0 -bgscan" makes a difference for me.

There are many many changes to the ath driver in head that are not in stable. If I can get confidence in the hal backport I can try to bring back some of those. But I need to do things in the proper order; I can't backmerge a bunch of stuff, find something is broken, and then have to bisect changes. So people need to help get the hal code in place first.

   Sam