Cezary Morga wrote:
> Alson van der Meulen pisze:
>> * Doug Barton <do...@freebsd.org> [2009-07-29 22:10]:
>>> I'm planning to remove the -u option altogether. It actually does very
>>> little now, and certainly does not do what most users expect it should
>>> do.
>
> If I may chip in here on a similar note.
> I'm currently looking for a port management tool that might replace good
> ol' portinstall/portupgrade tools in my toolbox. Portmaster looks
> promising but I noticed that it doesn't seem to take BATCH=yes in my
> /etc/make.conf into consideration. So, is it me or there's something
> more I have to do?

Portmaster's operation and make.conf are completely separate. What
portmaster does is essentially provide a wrapper for the functions of
the ports infrastructure. Whenever portmaster runs 'make <something>'
in a port your make.conf knobs will be honored.

I expect that what you are seeing is a difference in how portmaster
works vs. how other tools work. I would suggest that you read the man
page for portmaster thoroughly, then if you have questions start a new
thread on the freebsd-po...@freebsd.org list.

Good luck,

Doug