Am 27.07.2009, 12:55 Uhr, schrieb Cristiano Deana <cristiano.de...@gmail.com>:

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Paul P.<kame...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.
How to turn off automatic reboot in single user mode after power fails or sudden reset? Do i need to make passin value in fstab equal to zero just to
turn off automatic FSCK fs check?

if i understood correctly:

rc.conf:
fsck_y_enable="YES" # Set to YES to do fsck -y if the initial preen fails.

This sort of disposed of 8 out of 13 GB on one of my systems after a growfs failure, and after a >24 hrs fsck run... I guess that rsync before fsck could have recovered quite a lot of such data (I can't tell, as I didn't have full image backups).

Probably not fsck's fault, but if there is a major file system corruption, it can wreak havoc.

--
Matthias Andree