Alexander V. Chernikov schrieb am 24.01.2010 10:24 (localtime):
gdb /usr/bin/top top.core
bt

And sure a backtrace from the top built with -g would be much better.

cd /usr/src/usr.bin/top
CFLAGS=-g make

Unfortunately nss_ldap seems to be the culprit.
There is some strange problem with TLS and gcc optimization I can't localize

Please try to rebuild port with

post-configure:
@${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's/^\(CFLAGS .*\)-O2 \(.*\)$$/\1 -O0 \2/' ${WRKSRC}/nss/Makefile

I'll submit updated port later

That indeed fixed the problem. Thank you very much.
But I found another point for improovement:
When deinstalling/installing nss_ldap.conf gets deleted/overwritten. I think it's better to install nss_ldap.conf.sample like many other ports do.
I also like the way lighttpd port is managed:
@unexec if cmp -s %D/etc/lighttpd.conf %D/etc/lighttpd.conf.sample; then rm -f %D/etc/lighttpd.conf; fi
etc/lighttpd.conf.sample
@exec [ -f %B/lighttpd.conf ] || cp %B/%f %B/lighttpd.conf

Thanks,