The statements about the scheduler flipping between cores is also somewhat false, ULE does the right thing now for long-running computational threads.

Furthermore, I can't see how a Gflops benchmark which fits in the CPU cache has anything to do with the memory architecture of the operating system.

I assume to reach these results the benchmark was multi-threaded, and so I think I'd start by looking at the scheduler.

Before that I'd probably look at the libraries, how they were compiled, differences in the compiler etc.

- Andrew