After manually changing the gssapi header used in /usr/src/include/rpc/rpcsec_gss.h to somewhat klunky "#include "/usr/src/crypto/heimdal/lib/gssapi/gssapi/gssapi.h"" system csupped yesterday built okay and after rebuilding cyrus-sasl, saslauthd and cyrus I get the following failures in log:

Jul 18 16:37:35 moria perl: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (see text)^B (open(/tmp/krb5cc_0): No such file or directory)

-This is expected behaviour as Kerberos was not running at the moment, but with Benjamin's patch Kerberos/GSSAPI spat out a meaningful error message

After dusting off my old Kerberos setup, doing basic kinit and running cyradm localhost I got:

Jul 18 16:39:00 moria perl: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous failure (see text) (Server (imap/localh...@xxx.domain.com) unknown)

-Again expected as there is no imap trust relationship defined.

So at least after cursory testing it looks like that with Benjamin's patch there is a working GSSAPI/Kerberos backend available, instead of something that chokes on passed parameters that are ok for every other tested gssapi implementation.

Of course, more thorough testing in proper kerberised/LDAP environment needs to be done, which is something I haven't got time at the moment.

-Reko