Thaks for reply.

> I have one in use since ~5 years. The typing feel is a lot better compared
> to the Logitech keyboard I had before.
> The only problem I have with mine is that it's not usable with the boot
> loader menu. It seems to be hardware related as it works fine with other
> computers (using different chipsets).

There is always chance to use it with ps2 converter. All new keyboards
are usb in fact, but I add that little plastic in between.

> The only keyboard-specific thing I have in my rc.conf is 'keymap="us.iso"'.

K. Then I have to change nothing.

> My xorg.conf contains the following entries in the "InputDevice" section:
> Option "XkbRules"   "xorg"
> Option "XkbModel"   "pc101"
> Option "XkbLayout"  "us"

I don't have this. Should be easy to check out if necessary.

> I say it should work right out of the box ;-) In addition, I did configure
> a .xmodmaprc to get umlauts, etc.

Yep, I assume I would have to change my xmodmaprc to match new layout.
The other part is that fvwm2rc uses that layout to have extra tweaks
for window manager.

I still have something to ponder. To have more than one screen in fvwm,
actually four of them, I ought to turn off numpad first. Then I use com-
bination of Alt-Fx to jump here and there. In bios I removed numpad and
it is not working on the kb, to my wish. Any thought how it goes on HH?

Best regards

                                     Zoran