On 10. Mar 2012, at 08:07 , Adam Strohl wrote:

> I've now seen this on two different VMs on two different ESXi servers (Xeon
> based hosts but different hardware otherwise and at different facilities):
>
> Everything runs fine for weeks then (seemingly) suddenly/randomly the clock
> STOPS.

Apart from the ntp vs. openvm-tools thing, do you have an idea what "for weeks"
 means in more detail?  Can you check based on last/daily mails/.. how many
days it was since last reboot to a) see if it's close to a integer wrap-around
or b) to give anyone who wants to reproduce this maybe a clue on how long
they'll have to wait?  For that matter, is it a stock 9.0 or your own kernel?
What other modules are loaded?

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!