Andriy Gapon wrote:

As everything related to timing/freq/acpi can be unpredictive I wouldn't
recommend
this to anyone. I own at least two Intel CPU's failing somewhere near
timing/apic
when loading cpufreq and enabling powerd.
What exactly you wouldn't recommend?
Let's not introduce unrelated topics and vague uncertainties.

Setting kern.eventtimer.periodic to 1 makes eventtimer subsystem to behave less
efficiently but more similar to the pre-eventtimer code.  So this is #1
suggestion
when people run into some new problems with eventtimers.  Which is what this
thread is about.

I'm sorry, I totally misunderstood the meaning of this tunable. Its unclear from man page which value enables or disables periodic code.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.