At this point fxp hardware is over a decade old. I'm loath to introduce delays
at the end of the runway for this issue.

Keep in mind that delays to 8.4 are pushed directly on to delays for 9.2, which
won't be started until 8.4 is completed, and is desperately needed. (9.1
doesn't have drivers for common shipping hardware for example). Factors like
these as well as the age of fxp hardware drive my decision to complete 8.4 and
push this fix in to EN territory.

Thanks,

Josh Paetzel
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve