On 8/19/13 9:19 AM, Outback Dingo wrote:

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Andre Oppermann <an...@freebsd.org <mailto:an...@freebsd.org>> wrote:

    On 19.08.2013 18:09, Outback Dingo wrote:

        On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Alfred Perlstein
        <alf...@ixsystems.com <mailto:alf...@ixsystems.com>
        <mailto:alf...@ixsystems.com <mailto:alf...@ixsystems.com>>>
        wrote:

            Performance is bad for large memory requirements period.

            Vnodes and mbufs on a machine with 24gb ram is limited to
        the same amount as a machine with less
            than 4GB ram.

            This was fixed in head but not merged back in time.

        is there a patch set i can backport on my own, do we know what
        revision(s) are required? Ive got
        boxes with
        128GB and 10Gbe Intel....... so im willing to do some work......

    I have committed it to 9-stable this morning with r254515.  No
    backporting necessary.

Okay so wait, your saying the autotune commit this morning resolves Alfreds claims of abysmal
performance in general,

Yes.
or is there other additional fixes in head aside from the autotune hes mentioning

Well of course head has cool code, but this was a big problem.

-Alfred