Hi Rick,

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015, Rick Macklem wrote:
<snipp.>
Well, you can try the attached one instead of the previous ones (ie. against
stable).
It just delays destroying the mutexes until the iod thread is exiting.

I can't quite see why the previous patches wouldn't fix it, but this one leaves
smb_iod_main() unchanged, so it is a simpler patch and doesn't affect semantics
except for a slight delay in destroying the mutexes.

patch applied this morning against plain 10-stable with wittness enabled ...

As it looks like that the race happens on unmount I could try putting a sleep
60 into the
script that does the "mount && rsycn && umount" magic just before the umount.
That would
allow anything that it slow to go away to perhaps release the mutexes before
the umount.

If it still crashes with this patch, it might be worth a try.

I had a sleep 60 before the umount over night and it did not crash.
Could have been to short a wait though.

I have removed the sleep 60 in order to give your patch a good testing

Or, if this patch still crashes, you could just delete the 3 lines that the
patch moves, so the mutexes are never destroyed. This would result in a leak,
but it would tell us if destroying these mutexes is the problem.

Good point.

Thanks for your willingness to test these, rick

No problem.  Thanks to you for wrapping your head around this.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                   CK Software GmbH
Email:   c...@cksoft.de               Wildberger Weg 24/2