> > I'm writing from my cellphone away from my computer, so take this with a
> > grain of salt:
> >
> > -L/usr/local/llvm38/lib
>
> You're missing the point. If your webserver crashes every other day,
> the fact that you can run a batch job to restart it doesn't make it
> OK.

Fair enough, I misunderstood the point as "clang, even from ports, cannot
do omp at all [from a shell]".

> [...] Requiring additional tweaking to build on FreeBSD
> or requiring users to install gcc is kind of underwhelming.

Isn't that precisely what the ports infrastructure is supposed to do? What
about compiler.mk? If it can provide an extra library-dirs argument to the
port's configure then we're not that bad. And still I agree, this is far
from an ideal situation, and we speaking about finding a library, we have
still not touched having clang use the LLVM linker...