Kurt Jaeger wrote on 04/16/2020 20:07:
Hi!

I was requested to install FreeBSD 11.3 on a new Dell machine with only 2
NVME drives in ZFS mirror. The problem is that installer does not see the
drives. Are there any special procedure to use NVME drives for
installation a later for booting?

I use 2 NVMe drives as zfs mirror to boot from on my testbox,
but it runs CURRENT, since approx. November 2018.

So maybe try it with 12.1 ? I know, that does not help if you are asked
to install 11.3, but at least it gives you an idea...

I tried 12.1 few minutes ago but the result is the same - no NVME drives listed.
Should I try something with kernel modules, some sysctl tweaks?
Should I try UEFI boot? (I never did)

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman