Chris wrote on 04/17/2020 05:51:
On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 19:57:21 -0700 Mel Pilgrim list_free...@bluerosetech.com said

On 2020-04-16 12:30, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Pete Wright wrote on 04/16/2020 20:23:
>>

>> On 4/16/20 11:12 AM, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>>> Kurt Jaeger wrote on 04/16/2020 20:07:
> >> I would try booting via UEFI if you can.  I just installed a laptop >> yesterday which has a nvme root device, it was detected by the >> 12-STABLE snapshot I used to boot from.  no other modifications were >> necessary on my end. > > I changed BIOS settings to use UEFI boot method, booted 12.1 installer > ISO but without luck. Still no NVME disks :(
> > You can see it on printscreen from iDRAC https://ibb.co/tPnymL7
> > Anything more I can test?

Looking at server specs, the R6515's NVME support is only through the PERC S150 RAID controller.  If that's the case, I'm pretty sure you're out of luck.  The PERC S-series controllers are software-based RAID that require Dell's Windows or Linux drivers.  You'd need a PERC H-series card to get support in FreeBSD.

That's something I didn't expect at all. So there is nothing which can be fixed on FreeBSD side? :(

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong?
As I mentioned. I was suspicious of this. He should be able to flash the card, making it a pass. I do a lot of them. If someone doesn't beat me to it. I'll dig through what I have, and see if I can't find the right image(s), and program(s).

This is rented dedicated machine. I cannot flash anything on it.

I can ask the provider if they can install some card. Do you have some recommendation? What is supported by Dell and FreeBSD for ZFS?

I really appreciate your help!

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman