On 6/10/20, Donald Wilde <dwil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/10/20, Stefan Eßer <s...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> [snip]
>>>>
>>> Hmmm... tried running that and mine doesn't seem to find INDEX-13 as a
>>> file.
>>>
>>> Tried ' find / -name "INDEX-13" '
>>
>> You have to either create or fetch the INDEX file:
>>
>> $ cd /usr/ports
>> $ make index
>>
>> or
>>
>> $ cd /usr/ports
>> $ make fetchindex
>>
>> Regards, STefan
>>
> Thanks, Stefan!

Okay, it didn't work, but discovered INDEX-12 in /usr/ports, so
' grep gcc INDEX-12 | wc -l ' worked.

Such an interesting file, INDEX-12. More research needed. Is it not
INDEX-13 because I did ' make index' instead of ' make fetchindex ' ?

> Memo to self: figure out what basic options are supported in
> Makefiles, especially in /usr/ports/, and make clear documentation
> patches (if needed). :D

/self thinks this is all probably in the Porter's Handbook, but the
regular Handbook should have some of it.
--
Don Wilde