On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:53:42PM -0700, Nate Williams wrote:
> > Note that "do not enable firewall" (which is implied by firewall_enable="NO")
> > is *not* equivalent to "disable firewall".
>
> Maybe we're having an English language question.
>
> If something isn't enabled, doesn't that imply that it's disabled?  Last
> I checked, enabled/disabled were binary operations.
>
> If I enable the clutch in my car, my car moves (assuming it's in gear).
> If I disable it, the power is no longer going to the drive wheels.

True, but the real question is what does firewall_enable actually enable
and disable?  In its current state it enables and disables the adding of
rules as defined by firewall_type (rc.conf(5)).  The docs could be a
little better about what will happen if you set firewall_enable="NO", and
have it compiled into your kernel.

--
Chad David        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.FreeBSD.org   [EMAIL PROTECTED]