Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
Peter Wemm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I wondered if it might be because of something like -O2 (don't do that)

Peter, stop that.  The kernel builds and runs fine with -O2, and has
for a long time.

DES

No it doesn't. See the gymnastics that Bill Paul had to do recently in the iee80211 code to get around the insane inlining that gcc does with -O2. I'm not saying that gcc produces incorrect code, but I am saying that there is very strong evidence that it produces code that is incompatible with the restrictions inherent to the kernel, mainly that stack space is not infinite.

Scott