Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Bill Moran wrote:

Alexander Rusinov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I need to run a number of PostgreSQL servers in different FreeBSD jails.
I managed to run a first instance of PostgreSQL server in a jail, but
after I launch a new server in another jail the first one starts to
return an error messages like the following:

semctl(1507328, 4, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid argument

The problem in general is: only one instance of PostgreSQL server
processes clients' connections, all of the others return semctl errors.

I had this exact same problem.  I never found a solution.  The cause
appears to be that, since shared memory is not segregated between jails,
the newly launched Postgres instances corrupt the shared memory of
previously running Postgres instances.

I'm running 9 jails on a server right now, each with their own instance:
and never noticed any issues ... but, this is with 4.11, not 5.x, so maybe something has changed?

Can you tell please what version of PostgreSQL are you running?