Ken Menzel wrote:
  options INVARIANT_SUPPORT

  nooptions WITNESS
  nooptions WITNESS_SKIP_SPIN

If I include GENERIC can I comment out  the following?
#cpu            I486_CPU
#cpu            I586_CPU

Does this make any difference? I have always done this out of habit. would it become

in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/NOTES we can read :

#
# You must specify at least one CPU (the one you intend to run on);
# deleting the specification for CPUs you don't need to use may make
# parts of the system run faster.
#
cpu             I486_CPU
cpu             I586_CPU                # aka Pentium(tm)
cpu             I686_CPU                # aka Pentium Pro(tm)

nocpu I486_CPU   ?

Or is this irrelevant as the build knows what CPU I have?

if the description is true, it's relevant ;)

Thanks,
Ken

--
Philippe PEGON