Doug,

I will add your rcNG script in mail/postfix*

Thanks

Doug Barton wrote:
Carlos Fernando Assis Paniago wrote:
Hi: after the last cvsup, my FreeBSD 6.0, i386 is not capable to start postfix. I'm using the link in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postfix.sh to start the postfix program. Looking in the code, I saw that we need to change this in a file in /usr/local/etc/postfix/postfix-script to have the "faststart" flag.. Someone else find this problem?

The way that it is suggested to start postfix in the pkg-message (by placing a link to /usr/local/sbin/postfix in /usr/local/etc/rc.d) is no longer valid with the new rc.d code in -stable. I've attached a script that works for me to start and stop postfix. Please remove the symlink you have in /usr/local/etc/rc.d now, and put this script in its place. Make sure that the script is executable (chmod 755 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postfix.sh), then 'echo postfix_enable=yes >> /etc/rc.conf.local' and reboot. Then please let us know for sure that this worked for you.

If the maintainer would like help including this in the port, I'd be glad to do so. If you want to create the update yourself, take a look at ports/misc/compat5x to see how to integrate this, or I'd be glad to work on it with you.

hth,

Doug

#!/bin/sh
#
# $FreeBSD$
#
# PROVIDE: postfix
# REQUIRE: DAEMON
# KEYWORD: shutdown
#
# Define these postfix_* variables in one of these files:
#       /etc/rc.conf
#       /etc/rc.conf.local
#       /etc/rc.conf.d/postfix
#
# DO NOT CHANGE THESE DEFAULT VALUES HERE
#
postfix_enable="${postfix_enable-NO}"

. /etc/rc.subr

name=postfix
rcvar=`set_rcvar`

start_cmd=${name}_start
stop_cmd=${name}_stop

postfix_start() {
        /usr/local/sbin/postfix start
}

postfix_stop() {
        /usr/local/sbin/postfix stop
}

load_rc_config ${name}
run_rc_command "$1"

Marcus Alves Grando
marcus(at)corp.grupos.com.br  |  Grupos Internet S/A
  mnag(at)FreeBSD.org         |  FreeBSD.org