taking it off of pgsql-hackers, so that we don't annoy them unnecessarily ...

'k, looking at the code, not that most of it doesn't go over my head ... but ...

in kern/kern_jail.c, I can see the prison_check() call ... wouldn't one want to make the change a bit further up? say in kern_prot.c? wouldn't you want to change just cr_cansignal() to allow *just* for 'case 0', when someone is just checking to see if a process is already running? I wouldn't want to be able to SIGKILL the process from a different jail, mind you ... maybe move the check for SIG0 to just before the prison_check, since, unless I'm missing something, other then determining that a process is, in fact, running, SIG0 is a benign signal?