Robert Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Jul 2006, Fabian Keil wrote:

> > After manually triggering a test panic through debug.kdb.enter I
> > could enter ddb and everything seemed to be working.
> >
> > However today I got another hang and couldn't enter the debugger by
> > sending BREAK. It is the same BREAK ssh sends with ~B, right?
> >
> > Even after rebooting, sending break didn't trigger a panic, so
> > either I'm sending the wrong BREAK, or my console settings are
> > still messed up. Any ideas?
>
> What serial software are you using to reach the console?

I use ssh to log in to a console server, hit enter and
am connected to the console. I have no idea what kind
of software is used between console server and console.

> Do you have options BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER compiled into your kernel?

Yes, together with the other options you suggested:

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g
options         DDB
#options         KDB_UNATTENDED
options         KDB
options         BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
options         WITNESS
options         WITNESS_SKIPSPIN
options         INVARIANTS
options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT

> The delivery mechanism for the break will depend on the software
> you're using...

The ssh man page offers:

|~B      Send a BREAK to the remote system (only useful for SSH protocol
|        version 2 and if the peer supports it).

I am using ssh 2, but the only reaction I get is a new line.

|FreeBSD/i386 (tor.fabiankeil.de) (ttyd0)
|
|login: ~B

Maybe machdep.enable_panic_key would be another solution?
The description says "Enable panic via keypress
specified in kbdmap(5)", I'm just not sure if console
input qualifies as "keypress".

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/