Mornin'

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 09:47:21PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:
> BTW, I noticed yesterday that that IPv6 support committ to rpc.lockd was
> never backed out.  An immediate question for people experiencing new
> rpc.lockd problems with 6.x should be whether or not backing out that
> change helps.

That could be a good pointer. I also started experiencing some problems
at home (I did not investigate further though, but started using local
locking and all was fine), while in our prod setup, where lots of
machines are running, and many of them use 6-STABLE of not too long ago,
I never experienced any problems with NFS. The main difference between
both these networks is, that at home I have an IPv6 environment, while
at work it's IPv4 only.

I barely find time before the weekend to do tests, but if I don't read
any postings telling, that this made a difference, I will then start
testing at home.

Thanx, Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |