On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 02:49:26 +0200, Scott Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Michel Talon wrote:

BTW, I noticed yesterday that that IPv6 support committ to rpc.lockd was never backed out. An immediate question for people experiencing new rpc.lockd problems with 6.x should be whether or not backing out that change helps.
  So it may be relevant to say that i have kernels without IPV6 support.
Recall that i have absolutely no problem with the client in FreeBSD-6.1.
Tomorrow i will test one of the 6.1 machines as a NFS server and the other as
a client, and will make you know if i see something.
As to the problems you mention about NFS Linux, yes i have seen a lot since years. But to my surprise FC5 seems to work well. By the way it is kernel
2.6.16 so sufficiently recent for the problems to have been ironed out,
presumably.

2.6.16 should be OK. I've heard of problems with cookie and handle sizes with it, but only under highly unusual circumstances.

Scott

Just for the record.

I'm running a 6.1-STABLE client with a Debian 3.1 server with kernel 2.6.12 and that works ok with nfs locking. Locking didn't work in the past (6.0-STABLE).

Ronald.

--
 Ronald Klop
 Amsterdam, The Netherlands