Hi!

Am 21.08.2006 um 09:10 schrieb Patrick M. Hausen:

Hi, all!

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 04:03:47AM +0200, Konstantin Saurbier wrote:

This errors are not driver or OS dependent such as they appear on
FreeBSD as well on different Linux distros.
Since not all controllers suffering of these errors it is maybe
depending on the firmware or board/chip revisions.

We have two brand new TYAN B5161G20SH4 systems that feature
ICH7 controllers and SATA-hotplug-bays. One system is equipped
with two Seagate ST3160811AS drives, the other one with
WD1600YS-01SHB0 drives.
Both are configured with gmirror for slice 1.

No problems at all after several days of "make -j4 buildworld".

OTOH I can confirm that I got random "watchdog timeouts"
with the em driver. debug.mpsafenet=0 fixed the problem
for now.

Sorry my post was way too unspecific.
My response was only for Greg Byshenk and his 3ware related problem. They tend to loose drives oder mark drives as broken which are not broken at all.

So his problems with 3ware are not related to this thread of ATA/ICH bugs.

--

Best regards,

Konstantin Saurbier

Konstantin Saurbier                Tel.: 0521 106 3861
Computerlabor Mathematik                        U5-138
Universitaet Bielefeld             Universitaetsstr.25
33501 Bielefeld
email:                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]