Karl Denninger wrote:
I don't think its too much to ask that before something is MFC'd back to
-STABLE from -CURRENT that it <at least> be tested for the most common
functionality (that is, does it work at all?)  In this case all that someone
had to do was boot the system and then detach and reattach a mirror component -
the most basic of functionality - to detect that the patch was bad.

That obviously wasn't done in this instance.

I understand that finding corner cases and expecting exhaustive testing is unreasonable from a free project - even in a -RELEASE we don't get that.

But this wasn't a corner case - it was a situation where absolutely zero
testing was performed before the MFC was sent back to the source tree.

So when can the FreeBSD Foundation expect your donation of computers for the purpose of GEOM testing?

--
Darren Pilgrim