Vivek Khera schrieb:

On Sep 12, 2006, at 6:23 PM, hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) wrote:

-STABLE is still a development branch without guarantee of a stable and working operating system.

Hahahahaha... That's ironic...

No, just misinterpretation of which attribute of the system to which the word "stable" applies.

Do you really think I misinterpreted the meaning of -STABLE? *I* think most people misinterprete -STABLE because the first thing that comes to mind is runtime stability. The same issue exists in the GNU/Debian Linux world: Debian stable doesn't mean that the system run always rock-solid and works perfectly, but rather the state of software is stable, i.e. maintainers ensure 100% compatibility between updates.

Regards
Björn