At 10:20 PM 9/13/2006, David Myers wrote:

Sep  5 11:55:12 ronald kernel: em0: watchdog timeout -- resetting

I got a bazillion of these, and a completely unusable machine, when I upgraded to 6.1-stable sources as of two days ago. The machine would simply freeze for minutes at a time. Going back to my previous kernel (dating from late July) made everything just fine.

So something got seriously broken in the em driver in the last few weeks.

Which version of the NIC do you have ? (pciconf -lv )

---Mike