Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 05:04:41PM -0400, Bob Johnson wrote:
I have used USB-to-serial converters with no problem. All the control
signals (at least the ones my applications need) seem to work
correctly. I don't remember any brands or models off hand, I bought
what was cheap as I needed them and they all worked. "Cheap" means
under $20 delivered (for one port).

Speaking of USB-to-serial converters... anybody know which chipset
Moxa's UPort 1610-16 [1] and similar products are based on? Anybody
know if they work with FreeBSD?

Considering that their vendor ID (0x110a) isn't found anywhere in the FreeBSD source, I'd say they aren't supported. Their tech support contact form does list FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x, however, so they may provide their own drivers.

--
Darren Pilgrim