Charles Sprickman wrote:

I also did a little more digging and noticed that once I start pinging from one of these hosts using large packet sizes, I get about 50-60% packet loss (ie: ping -s 1500 other.vr0.host). If I ping something with a decent card, I get about 30-50% packet loss. There's no packet loss with the default packet size.

Anyone else with some vr cards feel like checking this out?

I've got a VIA Rhine III card that I can dig out and put in if the data would be of any use/interest etc - FWIW I seem to recall being able to get reasonably close to wire speed when I was using it.

Cheers

Mark