Paulius Bulotas wrote:

Now any ideas on why they system reboots every time the ethernet cable is plugged in to the bge0 port? or why the nve ethernet ports are not recognized?

I am getting an error the next time it reboots that says something like "hyper transport sync flood" error and I have to press F1 to get it to reboot. That error is from the BIOS I believe.

about bge, try to boot FreeBSD and put these into /boot/loader.conf :
hw.pci.enable_msi="0"
hw.pci.enable_msix="0"

These did seem to help at all. The system still reboots when a cable is plugged into the bge0 port.

maybe those will help ;) I used these on x4100 when I had similar
problems with em* .
and about nve, try kldload nfe , not nve ;)

I tried to put the nfe drive in but due to lack of knowledge on my part the kernel didn't recognize it when I tried to make buildkernel.

Thanks for the help.

LB