I'm having a difficult time developing a scripted install using
sysinstall, as my target hardware is not sufficiently uniform,
hostnames vary, etc.  The sysinstall documentation implies that
alternatives are available, and that sysinstall is not really
supported any more.  Where can I find these alternate installers?  Do
they have better support for scripted installations?

Is it possible to perform the installation manually from the mfsroot
image?  If so, I guess I could develop a shell script that performs
the installation steps.

Best wishes,
Matthew

--
"Rogues are very keen in their profession, and know already much more
than we can teach them respecting their several kinds of roguery."