On Dec 1, 2007, at 12:37 , Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 12:16:45PM +0100, Johan Ström wrote:
Hello
Im playing with a new box running RELENG_7.0 from yesterday. I got two
discs with gmirror on ad[6|14]s1a and zfs-mirror on s1d. When o do
atacontrol detach ata7 (detach ad14), i get this in dmesG:

(first time)
subdisk14: detached
ad14: detached
GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm1b: provider ad14s1bG dEiOsMc_oMnInReRcOtRe:d .De
vice gm1: provider ad14s1a disconnected.

(second time, detaching again after reattach)
subdisk14: detached
ad14: detached
GEOMG_EMOIMR_RMOIRR:R ORD:e viDceev icgem 1bg:m 1p:r opvriodveird era
d1a4ds114bs 1dai sdciosncnoencnteecdt.ed.

huh? :) Some print raceing or something?

The problem isn't specific to GEOM or ZFS. It's a known issue with two
kernel printf()s being called simultaneously.  There are older threads
discussing the issue. I can dig up URLs if you want to read them, but I
don't have them available quickly...

Just what I thought then. Just have never seen it 6.x (where I use gmirror) so I was a bit curious.

Btw, zfs doesnt seem to be very "chatty" in dmesg? Ie loosing discs, starting to rebuild discs etc... Isnt that something one would want in logs?

Thanks!

--
| Jeremy Chadwick jdc at parodius.com | | Parodius Networking http:// www.parodius.com/ | | UNIX Systems Administrator Mountain View, CA, USA | | Making life hard for others since 1977. PGP: 4BD6C0CB |