Ferdinand Goldmann wrote:
Hi!

I am in the process of buying new Dell hardware, mainly the 2950 III.
According to various postings I found, the PERC6/i Controller _should_ work with FreeBSD 6.3. Does anyone successfully use a 2950 III with PERC6/i controller and can confirm this?

Sorry if the question sounds stupid, but as I cannot find any references to the PERC6 in either documentation or source code I am a bit confused, and I wanted to make sure it works before shelling out my employers money. :-)

Many thanks for any enlightenment on this subject,
kind regards,
Ferdinand
Hi,

I have just pulled a new one out of a the box and done a boot and partition test on it using 6.3-RC2 boot only CD. Seemed to work just fine. I haven't got any PERC6/i's in production at this stage so can really say about their stability/performance just that they appear to work just fine with the 10 minute test I just did.

Tom