On Jun 5, 2008, at 8:39 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
The OP stated "argh argh sky is falling with 6.3!" but hasn't yet
listed PRs which indicate this to be happening.
He's offered hardware in a week or two - which is great! - but what
irks the developers is the large amount of noise and absolutely no
useful information. Anyone can say "its broken!"..

Adrian, your other comments are smart and valid. Why is this kind of hyperbole necessary?

I never said anything tragic or emergency or anything like that. I questioned the practicality of having a single supported release with significant known bugs in it.

It will take pretty much all the time I spend supporting FreeBSD os and applications away to focus entirely on backporting security patches back to 6.2. I know of several other organizations facing the same problem.

--
Jo Rhett