On Jun 7, 2008, at 3:00 PM, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
You are in fact saying 6.3-RELEASE should not have been released at the
time it was. It should have been posponed 'till some open bugs were
solved. I agree with you that a RELEASE is supposed to be more mature /
stable then a development version. And you state it is -not-

That's direct criticism that I am not willing to make of the contributors. I'm sure everyone did the best they could, and with what they knew at the time.

I'm saying that now, in retrospect, it doesn't appear to be a stable release. Forcing everyone to upgrade to a unstable release doesn't seem likely to help improve the situation.

--
Jo Rhett