On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Jerahmy Pocott wrote:

*snip*

The drive is able to mount and read cds/dvds fine, but on trying to
use burncd it says:
acd0: FAILURE - READ_TRACK_INFO ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00

Any further attempts produce the above message with no delay to read
from the drive, resetting the ata0 channel makes it check the drive
again before producing the message.

On loading atapicam module it says:
acd0: FAILURE - INQUIRY ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00

So I wasn't able to try cdrecord with it..

I had problems with burncd and my DVD drive when burning CD-RW's.  When
I tried atapicam and cdrecord, it gave me problems.  I believe it was
using burncd prior to atapicam that caused it because it works now if I
do not use burncd first.  You could try a reboot and use atapicam first;
the DVD drive may be in a funny state.  Just a guess.

Sean
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]