On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:11:03PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
>
> > The config parms we use are necessary.
>
> That's all you had to say. :) I see a lot of people attempt to
> over-engineer stuff with named that leads to complications later. If
> you are doing things for a good reason, keep doing them.

 Doug, et al,

i for one appreciate this "over-engieered" responce because it has
given me (and those like me) a chance to get answers to questions that
we have asked for over a year in my case, about this whole bind setup
issue.

as an asideo, it would be better for people coming in cold could find a
better source of who to setup support services such as bind and all teh
others for a woring freebsd based network .. i don't mean teh existant
'engineering speak that assumes we all know everything .. this is
clearly not teh case to a whole lot of people coming to freebsd.

kind regards

jonathan