Nginx works nicely in a small environment.

On 03/08/2008, at 9:36 AM, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 04:07:47PM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
Luigi Rizzo wrote:
Also, what would you suggest as a small scripting language to be used in this kind of platform for implementing CGI scripts (and preferably
able to use sockets/select) ?
Not sure about scripting languages but what's really needed is a
lightweight http solution that supports ssl.  This can go a long way
before you get to php et. al.  My last project of this sort used
tinyhttp (I think, whichever one Jeff Pozkanzer did) and php.  But we
didn't try to fit in flash, we used compact flash parts.  I think
tinyhttpd+php is also what m0n0wall and pfsense use but haven't looked
in a while.

I think this http/ssl problem is reasonably well addressed by
mini_httpd (this is Jeff Pozkanzer's code, about 50kb) and a small
SSL library which you find in ports/security/xyssl (300kb).

Mini_httpd uses the regular openssl libraries, but the xyssl API is
reasonably similar to the SSL_* calls in openssl so it should be
relatively straightforward to use in mini_httpd -- I did this in
another project, even though only on the client side of https
http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/FreeBSD/minixmlrpc/
and it took very short time to adapt the code from openssl to xyssl.

        cheers
        luigi

jeremy bogan    [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
segment publishing - design.develop.host