On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:28:05 -0400
Mikhail Teterin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Myself -- and the owner of the box -- travel quite a bit, ssh-ing "home"
> from anywhere in the world.

why not setup a SSL-based vpn ? lock everything down except the port of the
vpn. try openvpn.

> Although we could, I suppose, find out the
> destination-country's IP-allocation and add it before leaving, that
> would be quite tedious to manage...

geoip attached to pf rules :P has anyone done it? But I can tell you it isn't
that reliable...you want to have a way to bypass it.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?"
  Mark Twain

Warned.