Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
O. Hartmann wrote:
Just upgraded my ports and installed the new xf86-video-nv driver. Well, loggin out works now without crashing the Xorg server, but most fonts now show up as balck bars - unreadable and ugly :-(

Same for me, just some transparent pictures render transparency as black, good example is reader.google.com. This also isn't new to me, some pictures was shown like this in previous driver versions. I was just a bit unsure who was bad at it.

Well, everything with a transparency, as you stated above, seems to be broken, reading Email is a horror, most web sites are rendered broken in Firefox 3. Luckily, within xterm everthing is ok.

I recompiled xorg and my windowmanager, no effect. Even xdm shows up with black bars were normally 'LOGIN:' and 'PASSWORD:' shows up ...

Is there a solution? The situation is serious ...

--
Oliver Hartmann
Freie Universitaet Berlin

Tel.: +49 (0) 30 838 70 508