O. Hartmann wrote:

Well, everything with a transparency, as you stated above, seems to be broken, reading Email is a horror, most web sites are rendered broken in Firefox 3. Luckily, within xterm everthing is ok. I recompiled xorg and my windowmanager, no effect. Even xdm shows up with black bars were normally 'LOGIN:' and 'PASSWORD:' shows up ...
Is there a solution? The situation is serious ...

Back out of the upgrade, back to the previous version? The current _binary_ package is still the old version, so you could try to force-install that one (e.g. by using "portupgrade -fPP xf86-video-nv-2.1.11") until the port gets fixed, I guess. Haven't tried this (haven't upgraded yet), but it should revert your upgrade and get you up and running for now (but ymmv).